Benefits of Membership Include:
- Influence over the quality of healthcare delivery using our collective employer purchasing leverage.
- Advocacy on behalf of the business community.
- Collective buying power and savings through purchasing alliances.
- Data to help with rate negotiations and benefits selection.
- Educational programming focused on healthcare issues important to the business community.
- Opportunities to implement and participate in healthcare cost and quality initiatives.
- Access to experts on health benefit issues through conferences and monthly breakfast meetings.
- Alerts on important health policy issues.
- Networking to find solutions to the challenges of health benefit administration, improving the health of employees, and achieving greater value from the delivery system.
- Participation in committees focused on current topics in health benefits, with participation from the health plan, provider, consulting and pharmaceutical community. Current committees include:
- Education Committee
- Mental Health Task Force
- Eldercare Task Force
- Web-based tools and resources on www.nebgh.org.
In addition to membership benefits, NEBGH is also working on a number of important initiatives:
- Health Plan Quality – http://www.nbch.org/evalue8
- Hospital Quality – http://www.leapfroggroup.org/for_hospitals/leapfrog_hospital_survey_copy
- New Jersey Gaps in Care Project